Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 20, 2015 (Day 2)


5:30am wakeup call Lawd!!!! Today we will be hiking a volcano, Pacaya, some of us with horses. I'm glad my stomach has subsided because I'm determined to enjoy this experience. My prayer is simply "Lord, your will!" I'm honesty expecting to witness and perform a miracle on this trip. Jesus said He wants us to do "even greater works" and I want to walk in the supernatural every day.

After a 2 hour journey, with breakfast along with way of course we finally arrived at the base of the volcano in Pacaya. God is so intentional and purposeful on how he sets things up and it’s just amazing.  My tour guides name was Amillio and my horse’s name was Muneca (Doll in English). Amillio had such a calm spirit and we shared some small talk in Spanish. My horse was a tank on wheels lol. She took the volcano as if she did it in her sleep. It was such an amazing experience to see God’s beauty. As we descended from the mountain, the Lord has shared with me to sow a certain amount of money as my tip for Amillio. I simply agreed and after giving it to him, I learned that it was 7 times the amount of what the normal tip would be. Glory to God! He loved that man so much to put it on my heart to sow what I did for whatever need he had. He also gave me specific instructions to say “This is not from me, Its from Jesus Christ!” I get so excited about how much God cares for each one of us that he sent me to Amillio’s continent and arranged on that specific day from me to come into contact with him to meet a need. God is so good!!

Today has been awesome. Holy Spirit is really dealing with me regarding living missionally for the rest of my life and not just here. To watch Connie, Jennifer, and Jeff have "normal" or "everyday" conversations with people then just politely ask to pray for them has really spoken volumes to me. I'm taking in every moment of every day of this new opportunity. God is just awesome. After being watching the way of life they are accustomed to versus mine, I'm so thankful and grateful. We take so much for granted that we don't even know. I remember hiking or "riding" up the mountain/volcano and watching Amillio and wandering his day to day life, concerns, family, financial situation and it's just crazy you never know what someone else has been or is going through but for the Spirit of God to lead you do something, shows the supernatural ability of God to go through someone to meet a need of yours that they have no idea what it's for but they are simply being obedient. It was an honor to not just sow into my tour guides life today, but to sow on purpose. Giving him the money but reiterating this is not of or from me, but Jesus. I am not here on my own accord but on His. I remember simply seeing the post regarding this mission’s opportunity and feeling the unction of Holy Spirit to sign up, with no visible evidence of how I would pay for it. Not wanting to solicit donations because in my mind I felt as if that was me "needing" someone or having to "depend" on others which were a vow I made at a young age after my experiences that I would never do. I was quickly arrested by Holy Spirit saying this isn't about you and I simply said ok. I said "Lord if you want me to do this, YOU have to make a way. I'm going in your name not mine." To now be here experiencing something that 3 months ago wasn't even a thought just shows how God can throw a wrench in our plans to get what He needs to us for the next level. Trust in God is everything. I am forever changed and will never forget the new thing He is doing in me. Philippians 1:6 says “being confident of this, that he who has begun a good work in you will carry it out unto completion unto the day of Jesus Christ.”

The tour of the convent was also another life changing experience for me today. Seeing the level at which women sacrificed for God and reverenced Him to leave everything that they've know and dedicate their life to Him further affirms that we have no excuse. These women were so committed and had a "whatever it takes" mentality. A relationship with God is a relentless pursuit that requires courage, boldness, and commitment. My life is not my own, to you I belong Lord.

The random worship experience in the lower level of the convent was unexplainable. God’s presence was so heavy when Cierra and Jocelyn began singing. I sensed Gods spirit encompassing me along with a rest of assurance that "All is well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment